Mind Body Spirit
The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation Reiki and Guided Meditation Program
The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation Reiki and Guided Meditation Program successfully launched in Los Angeles on Monday, March 7, 2016 for all cancer patients and their caregivers. In 2017, we proudly expanded our monthly program to patients who receive treatment on-site at USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.
At hospitals and clinics across America, Reiki has gained acceptance as a meaningful and cost-effective way to improve patient care. The attendance and response from the patients & caregivers who attend The WunderGlo Foundation’s program have been phenomenal.
The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation offers this program for free to all cancer patients and their caregivers on the first Monday of every month at two locations: At the HiltonDoubleTree Hotel -Downtown Los Angeles (for all cancer patients & their caregivers who receive treatment anywhere) – and on-site at USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center – exclusive to their patients and caregivers.
Since 2016, WunderGlo has offered an amazing Reiki & Guided Meditation Program for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers in Southern California.
– Our in-person sessions for The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation’s Reiki & Guided Meditation Program were moved to a Virtual Format in 2020 – prompted by the pandemic
– In making this adjustment by switching to a Virtual Format via Zoom – our reach was expanded to offer this wonderful experience to patients and their families throughout the country
– The WunderGlo Foundation continues to hold our Monthly Reiki & Guided Meditation Sessions Virtually via ZOOM Format
– The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation’s Reiki & Guided Meditation Program will be in session Virtually again – for the 2023 year
– On Mondays at 3:00pm PST via ZOOM
– You must register to receive a ZOOM Invitation Link by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Once you are registered for our WunderGlo Reiki & Guided Meditation Program (Virtual format) – you will receive correspondence emails prior to each upcoming session
– The Zoom Invitation Link will be sent out on the Sunday prior to each session date
The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation Reiki & Guided Meditation 2023 Dates- Virtual Sessions:
WHAT IS REIKI?
Reiki (the verb) is the transference of energy via a practitioner to a client to help heal the electromagnetic field around and through our bodies to affect positive change in the mental, physical, emotional, and etheric bodies. Put even more simply Reiki is like a blood transfusion, but for your energy to help expedite wellness. Energy is real and has been proven in many ways. Not just through physical experience. There are methods such as Kirlian photography, Aura Photography, and others that have been able, to capture the “coronal discharge, electromagnetic fields (or energy) of animate and even inanimate objects. Kirlian photography is acollection of photographic techniques used to capture the phenomenon of electrical coronal discharges. Semyon Kirlian, in 1939 accidentally discovered that if an object on a photographic plate is connected to a high-voltage source, an image is produced on the photographic plate. The technique has been variously known as “electrography”, “electrophotography”, “corona discharge photography” (CDP), “bioelectrography”, “gas discharge visualization (GDV)”, “electrophotonic imaging (EPI)”, and, in Russian literature, “Kirlianography”.
Meet Kevin Ackad, Los Angeles native, Reiki Master, owner of On The Table Concierge Healing & Massage, and our leader of The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation Reiki and Guided Meditation Program.
“Today I’m Brave” shares their interview of our “very own Kevin” that briefly shares the inspiration that led him to discover his true journey and passion for healing others.
Kevin Ackad, Reiki Master
Kevin Ackad is a Los Angeles native who, after nearly dying, was called to serve humanity as a healer and a teacher. Kevin has a huge mission: To help awaken humanity to their divine nature and origin, thus initiating a future healing event.
Having had success in treating cases of anxiety, vertigo, Hashimoto’s disease, frozen shoulder, cataracts, joint pain, among others… he looks forward to bringing hope, happiness, health and strength to the USC cancer community through the administration of healing energy and implementation of meditative practices.
“Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that most everyone can benefit from. It has been found to be effective in helping every known illness, including cancer. It may be used in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote quality of life. Reiki energy is non-invasive and safe.”
– Harvard University Medical School