The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation 3rd Annual “Glo-Blue” 5K Walk/Run- VIRTUAL
Glo-Blue 5K Walk/Run- VIRTUAL
Date: October 16, 2021
Local Southern California participants can join WunderGlo supporters and advisory board members who will meet at The Rose Bowl in Pasadena, in front of the Jackie Robinson statue (parking in Lot B). We will walk & run around The Rose Bowl with the general public.
5K Race Start: 8:30AM
Registration Fee: $32.00 per participant
Register Here: https://give.classy.org/3rd-annual-glo-blue-5K
· Prizes will be awarded to the Top Three Fundraising Individuals/Teams (must raise minimum: $250)
· All participants receive: Event T-Shirt, Participation Medal, WunderGlo Chapstick, Drawstring Sportpack, Sticky Notepad, Hand Sanitizer, and a Reggie the L.A. Gator Key-Ring
· All Participants who raise funds (min. $25.00) through individual pledges/sponsors will also receive: WunderGlo Javelin Light Up Stylus Pen, Ear-Buds w/ WunderGlo Case & qualify to win Raffle Prize
· RAFFLE PRIZE (valued at $75.00): Islands Restaurant $25 Gift Card PLUS a Raising Cane’s Basket (valued at $50) containing a Soft-Pack Cooler, T-shirt, Food Coupons, Plush Cane Dog and more!
· Medals will be awarded for top three Race Finishers in both Male & Female Divisions
· Virtual participants everywhere can support WunderGlo
Awarded to Top Three Fundraising Individuals/Teams ** Who Raise Minimum $250.00
-TOP FUNDRAISING PRIZES TO CHOOSE FROM ARE-
· 1. Barefoot Dreams Couples Basket Valued at $500.00
· 2. Disneyland-(2) One-Day Park Hopper Tickets (blackout dates)
· 3. Four(4) VIP Passes to The World Famous Magic Castle Value = $Priceless due to Private Club exclusivity
· 4. Home Wine & Food Party Event Valued at $400.00 – 8-Bottle/12-Person In-Home PRP International Wine Tasting Certificate ($300.00) and BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse $100.00 Gift Cards
· RAFFLE PRIZE Valued at $75.00:
A Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers $50.00 Gift Basket and Islands Restaurant $25.00 Gift Card
HOW TO RUN THE WUNDERGLO VIRTUAL 5K:
Instead of running a typical 5K in person with our group, you will complete the 5K wherever you choose. The course can be your neighborhood, local park, or on a treadmill. Although the official race date is Saturday, October 16, you will have 8-days to participate in the 5K, between Saturday, October 9- October 16th at midnight. (Please inform us if you need to walk/run the week after instead.)
HOW TO OFFICIALLY SUBMIT YOUR RESULTS:
Medals will be mailed to the top three finishers in the male and female divisions. If you would like to compete for a top-3 medal, please record your run/walk time and distance (5K or 3.1 miles) on a smartwatch or tracking device. If you run on a treadmill, take & send a photo of the results on the treadmill console. Then email your results to Jim Dowd: [email protected] by Saturday, October 16th, at midnight.
If you are running outside, phone apps and watches like Garmin, MapMyRun, Nike+ RunClub, or Strava
work well and are acceptable.
SUBMITTING YOUR RESULTS IS OPTIONAL.
All participants will receive a race participation medal, whether you submit your results or not.
“WUNDERGLO 5K PRE-RACE PARTY” on Saturday, October 16th at 8:15am PST
Please join us for a virtual pre-race party on Zoom at 8:15am Pacific Time! We’ll send you a zoom invitation link to meet online and for our LIVE START at 8:30am.
Swag bags: Race T-shirts, Drawstring Smartpack and other swag can be picked up at a designated place & date, or will be mailed/delivered to participants.
TAKE A PHOTO AND TAG WUNDERGLO!
Since we will have runners from all over the USA (and possibly the world), please take a photo and add the hashtag #WunderGlo5K. We will share the photos on our social media and website pages.
Questions? Email WunderGlo volunteer & Wunder’s Warrior: Jim Dowd at [email protected]
-WUNDERGLO 3RD ANNUAL GLO-BLUE 5K EVENT SPONSORS-
Make sure to get one of our WunderGlo 3rd Annual Glo-Blue 5K Tees! They are a super soft cotton jersey material with our trademark Wunder Project “Wunder-Bolt”!