The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation 5th Annual “Glo-Blue” 5K Walk/Run
The Gloria Borges WunderGlo Foundation’s 5th Annual 5K (Walk-Run) will take place on Sunday October 29th, 2023 at Robert E. Gross Park in Burbank, California. Please join us on a beautiful, Fall October Sunday morning in So Cal to walk and run ALL OVER colon cancer!
Registration & Starting Line will take place at Robert E. Gross Park located at 2800 W. Empire Avenue, Burbank, CA 91504.
- Meet WunderGlo at 7:30am-8:30am on Sunday morning, October 29th, 2023, where you will register to receive all of your Glo-Blue 5K materials and start your run/walk around our new location – Robert E. Gross Park in Burbank, California.
- After completing your 5K walk/run you will join us for refreshments including Raising Canes Famous Sweet Tea and Lemonade.
- Date: Sunday, October 29th, 2023
- Location: Robert E. Gross Park – 2800 W. Empire Avenue, Burbank, CA 91504
- Registration Fee: $36.00 per participant
- 5K Race Start: 8:30am
- Registration Time: 7:30am-8:15am
- Register here: https://give.classy.org/5th-annual-glo-blue-5K
- * Registered Participants will receive: Event T-Shirt, Participation Medal, WunderGlo Water Bottle, Drawstring Sport pack, Sticky Notepad
- * Registered participants who raise funds through individual pledges/sponsors (Minimum $25.00) will also receive: WunderGlo Javelin Light Up Stylus Pen & will qualify to win Raffle Prize
THINK ABOUT THIS: If 100-people asked five friends to sponsor them for $20/each – together we will raise $10,000 for Research for The Cure! It’s that simple! Please register today to become a WunderGlo 5K for $10K Hero for The Cure!
- Medals will be awarded for top three Race Finishers in Male & Female Divisions
- RAFFLE PRIZE: Raising Canes Gift Basket (valued at $50) containing a Soft-Pack Cooler, T-Shirt, Food Coupons, Plush Cane Dog & More + Yard House $50 Gift Card (Total value of raffle prize is $100)
- Amazing Prizes awarded to the Top 3-Fundraising Individuals *Must Raise Minimum: $250*
- PRIZE CHOICES FOR TOP 3-FUNDRAISING INDIVIDUALS:
1. Barefoot Dreams Throws Basket – Valued @$404.00 (incl.tax). 50″ x 70″ Boucle Throw($198) Made from elegantly looped boucle fabric in crisp Winter White, this luxurious throw is a welcome addition to any home. CozyChic Diamond Jacquard 54”x72” Throw in Dove Gray ($168): Loop jacquard construction using 2-sizes of CozyChic yarn creates a lofty and oh-so-cozy high-low texture on this classically beautiful diamond pattern. Donated by Stan Cook & Sons
2. Four(4) Tickets to The World Famous Magic Castle Value = $$$ Priceless due to Private Club exclusivity. Enjoy a Magical Hollywood Night in the City of Angels!
3. PRP International In-Home Wine Tasting for 12 ($300) plus $50 Costco ShopCards & Josh Cellars Heritage Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 Napa Valley ($40) Total Value@ $390.00
4. Karl Lagerfeld Paris Lafayette Camera Crossbody Bag -Black/Gold Lamb Leather ($253) Plus $50 Black Angus Steakhouse Gift Card & $50 Movie Passes at Vintage Cinemas. Step out in L.A. style – with your Lagerfeld Crossbody for a fun “Dinner & Movies” evening out!
- *Virtual Runners & Walkers everywhere can also participate to support WunderGlo*
- Download Event Flyer Here: click here
- Download Sponsorship Flyer Here: click here
- Register Here: https://give.classy.org/5th-annual-glo-blue-5K
*VIRTUAL Runners & Walkers – How to Run the WunderGlo 5th Annual Glo-Blue 5K:
- Instead of running a typical 5K in person with our group, you will complete the 5K wherever you choose. The course can be in your neighborhood, local park or on a treadmill
- Virtual Participants will receive a Zoom Invitation Link for the “starting line” race start 1-2 days prior to our event
How to Officially Submit Your Results:
- Medals will be mailed to the top three finishers in the male and female divisions.
- If you would like to compete for a Top-3 medal, please record your run time and distance (5K or 3.1 miles) on a smartwatch or tracking device
- If you are running outside, phone apps and watches like Garmin, MapMyRun, Nike+RunClub, or Starva work well and are acceptable
Submit Your Results IS OPTIONAL – All participants will receive a race participation medal, whether you submit your results or not.
TAKE A PHOTO OF YOURSELF – SEND IT TO US – AND PLEASE TAG WUNDERGLO ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Since we will have runners and walkers from across the U.S.A. (and possibly the world), please take a photo of yourself and use the hashtag #WunderGlo5K. We will share the photos on our social media & website pages.
Questions? Email WunderGlo Volunteer & Wunder’s Warrior: Jim Dowd at Jim@wunderglofoundation.org